Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Kay's Birthday Extravaganza

For the past 4 weekends I have been celebrating birthdays: friends' birthdays and my own birthday. It's a big year for some of us - the BIG Four-Oh. Hard to believe it, but it's here. And it has been great! Starting on the 3rd weekend of March, Kay came up from the cities and the flock gathered around her. Kim flew in from Portland, Renee A. (U) drove up from the cities, Renee M. from TH and I was already here in Duluth.

Kim, Kay and Renee M came to my Yin Yoga class and we had some inappropriate laughing which could've turned into something quite hysterical but luckily, now that we are all 40, or near 40, our maturity got the better of us. I say luckily because as the teacher of the class I don't think it would've been acceptable to totally lose it in front of my regular students.

Anyway, from there we went down to Renee's to get ready for dinner. Dinner was at Va Bene - a lovely Italian restaurant on Superior Street. They were so nice to us. I think we were there for 2.5 hours, making a scene, laughing our heads off and taking pictures- and they never asked us to be quiet. We closed down the restaurant and moved on to the Red Star lounge. We had such a blast talking, catching up, drinking martini's and dancing. I haven't had a night like this since college.

The lovely thing about this night is that, although we had drinks, we were not out to get drunk (as perhaps we might have been in college). We were out to get to know each other again, to share stories of growing up and of living our adult lives. I'm so glad to have gotten together with these old girlfriends. Thank you Kay for bringing us all together. Happy Birthday!

Here's to friends ~ Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment